A once full time movie extra turned Medical Laboratory Technologist and Applications Analyst. About 7 years ago, I started a beauty blog. I never realized how much time goes into having a blog! Fast forward a couple years, I’m doing it all over again. I’ve grown a lot since my beauty blogging days – one big thing – I learned to cook and bake! Many of my friends have asked for recipes of things I have made, so I decided I will share them here with everyone! I don’t really have a niche. I’ll be using this personal internet space to just share tidbits of things in my life.
Rosh’s Interview Questions:
What’s your name?
Where are you located?
Seven years ago, what made you create your original beauty blog? And why did you stop?
- Many girls start wearing makeup in highschool. I started pretty late. I didn’t start experimenting with makeup until after university when I worked as a movie extra. I learned how to do makeup through various Youtubers and bloggers. I thought it’d be fun to write about new products I tried, and wrote reviews. It was kind of like my journey of finding products that worked for me. As I found my favorite products, I found that there was less for me to write about because I would always go out and purchase the same things (boring!!!). Also, my work schedule was so irregular with very long hours. Soon after, I went back to school – which kept me very busy for another 3 years.
What made you come back to blogging?
- Many friends and coworkers kept asking me to share recipes. Then one day, I was having a conversation with a buddy I carpool with about blogs, and starting a website. He knew that I use to have a beauty blog, so he basically told me I should go for it, and start blogging again. I just went for it after that.
What is the total number of page views you have?
- As of today 1043
How many countries have checked out your blog, and what is the coolest country to receive a hit from?
- The most surprising one is from Myanmar.
What was your most popular blog post?
- My recipe for Hainanese Chicken:
How do you generate traffic to your blog?
- Social media. I will share new posts on Twitter, Facebook, Bloglovin’ and Instagram.
What is the demographic of your audience on Saveurie?
- Mainly young professionals like myself. However, I do post quite a bit about food… who doesn’t love that?
What are some accomplishments you have received from your blog?
- My blog is quite new. I think having regular readers in just a few months is an accomplishment on its own, especially when there are thousands of other blogs out there just like mine.
What is your blogging routine? Do you follow a content calendar?
- I don’t really have one. I post when I feel like it, or when I’m making something I want to share with everyone. I generally try to post about once a week though.
What are your favourite social media channels to share your blog on, and maybe why?
- Out of all the social media, I’m most active on Instagram. I’ll share the feature image for a post on my Instagram when I publish a post. In between, I will post snip bits of things through my eyes. I’m into photography, so naturally, I choose Instagram as my main platform.
Have you ever done a guest blog for another website? Would you consider having a guest blog for your website?
- I have not written a guest blog post, but I would love to! And, yes, I would consider having a guest blog on my website.
Do you have any tips for success in blogging?
- Be unique. Be yourself.
- Have good pictures – a picture can encompass a thousand words, which is the reason why I love photography.
What is the most important thing you would tell someone new to blogging?
- Don’t get caught up with the number of followers or readers you have. Don’t blog about something just because you think that topic or post will attract more readers. Create blog posts you are proud of. Be genuine, and I people will pick up on that. Most importantly – have fun!