Never judge a book by it’s cover. What’s on the inside is really what matters, but that doesn’t mean you can’t dress up the cover! It’s a lot easier than it looks.
What you need:
Wrap your gift:
- Wrap the gift with the neutral wrapping paper, put a piece of the patterned paper around it.
- Measure your ribbon from the bottom of one side to the bottom of the other side. You’ll need 4 total lengths to go around the gift.
- Fold the ribbon in half to find the center. Place the middle of the ribbon over the center of the package. Bring the ribbon around the edges to the center of the bottom of the gift and twist.
- Bring the ribbon back to the top, sliding the open ends under, then tie a knot.
Making the bow:
- Center the ribbon on top of the tulle.
- Fold over 6 times (creating 12 layers).
- Cut notches in the center and cut a piece of tulle for the next step.
- Tie the tulle around the notches. Leave the ends to tie around the tulle on the gift.
- Starting from the center layer, pull the tulle out and twist towards you. Go back to pull the next layer out, twisting away from you. Finish pulling out the rest of the layers.
- Repeat step 5 on the other side.
To attach the bow to the gift, tie the piece of tulle from step 4 around center of the gift.